With podcasts on the rise, it’s easy to see why they have gained such popularity in recent years. They are a low-commitment means to expand your knowledge on certain topics, including the marketing industry.
By listening to marketing experts interact with one another as they dive deep into key marketing topics and developments, one can gain insight into the industry without much effort. Listening to others will also certainly help you develop your own perspective on how to approach marketing.
Having said that, here are some of our favorite marketing podcasts that we tune into on the regular and suggest you do the same!
- The Marketing Book Podcast: With lengthy episodes over an hour long and airing weekly, this podcast is great for individuals who want to stay updated with the latest marketing trends and developments, but don’t have the time to do the research themselves. Every week, host Douglas Burdett invites authors to discuss their latest marketing/sales book releases.
- The CMO Podcast: Giving a macro view of the marketing industry, this podcast is perfect for individuals aspiring to become Chief Marketing Officers and who want to better understand how marketing fits into the overall success of a business. Host Jim Stengel, former CMO of Procter & Gamble, invites leading marketing professionals at top-tier companies to paint a realistic picture of a CMO’s role within a company.
- Marketing School: With brief episodes – up to 10 minutes – that air daily, hosts Neil Patel and Eric Siu draw from their own experiences to discuss a variety of topics ranging from content creation, hiring practices, and branding, all the way to ad techniques.
- Happy Market Research: In this 10-30 minute podcast, host Jamin Brazil tackles marketing research head-on, offering insights from various angles. In every episode, Jamin invites guests to talk about how they were able to use insights to develop actionable strategies.
- Marketing Over Coffee: This podcast is ideal for those passionate about marketing and technology, and the intersection between these two industries. With episodes typically between 20-30 minutes, and airing weekly, hosts Christopher S. Penn and John J. Wall dive deep into the latest marketing and tech news.
Listen on Spotify