1. What does a typical day in the life of Zein – the mother and the director of her own business – look like?
It’s always a challenge to balance between work and family. I wake up at 6 a.m. to get my son ready for school and arrive at the office by 7 a.m., or at least this was the case before I got pregnant a few months ago. I try to finish everything at the office no later than 3 or 4 p.m. to go back home to cook and spend some time with my son until he goes to bed.
2. How did Zein Design come to be?
I used to work at an agency that treated its employees poorly, so I decided to start my own agency where I now have my own clients and treat employees fairly.
3. How is Zein Design different?
We are a family, not just an employer and her coworkers. Our office enjoys a homey atmosphere where we appreciate working together.
4. What’s your favorite part of your job?
If I had to choose, it would be the fact that I’m close to the people I work, something that pushes us to overcome obstacles together. Sharing things, especially with those who treat the company as their own, always makes things exciting.
5. How do you manage a remote team?
I put my trust in employees. We agree on certain basics regarding the workflow, which facilitates the process for both sides. Over time, I’ve learned how to express anything that concerns me in a diplomatic way.
6. How is it like to manage a multicultural team?
It’s confusing, but interesting. You get to learn things about other cultures, which is very enjoyable. At the same time, it’s crucial to know the importance of respecting others’ differences.
7. What qualities do you look for in an employee?
Self-discipline. Honesty. Good communication skills. Good vibes. Hard work. Respect.
8. What do you think makes a person successful?
A successful person is one who sets their goals and works towards them without comparing themselves to others.
9. What is it like to be a leader?
It is nice but challenging. It’s a challenge to be fair, to be close to people, to lay down the rules, to understand how each person thinks in their own different way, all while trying to spread positivity without affecting the quality of work.
10. What does Zein Design add to its home, Lebanon?
Quality. Innovation. Positivity. Raising Lebanon’s name high. Portraying a good image of Lebanon to the outside world.